Re: NFPA Code Question

Attics are notoriously hot here.  This house is a three story home in West
University Place, a real upper class, yuppie neighborhood.  Its new
construction, you can stand in the attic w/ no problem and the undlayment
for the roof is a material called "Cool Ply".  The attics in homes with the
Cool Ply do not really get too hot.  The panel is at the head of the attic
stairway so you don't have to actually go into the attic to access it, just
stand on the stairs.

I don't think it is a code violation.  I would not normally install a panel
in an unfinished attic such as this, but other than a diminished battery
life, I don't see any real problem.