Re: I'm sorry we don't provide service for...

As a matter of course, whenever anyone wishes the monitoring disconnected,
or in rare cases, is disconnected for non payment reasons, I always send the
party a registered letter advising them:

1- Of the exact date of disconnection, giving them 30 days notice to find
another supplier
2- I no longer provide ANY kind of service or warranty whatsoever on their
equipment, even at a service charge.
3- I advise them that it is in their best interests to advise their
insurance company of disconnection of monitoring service to ensure that they
don't find themselves in the uncomfortable position of having to make a
future claim when their insurance company has not been collecting the proper
premiums, and
4- Thank them for their business, and invite them back at some future point
in time.

When I can, I also dial in and delete all relevant station receiver
information and turn the dialers off.

Only once did I have anyone refuse the registered letter and it was returned
to me by Canada Post and held in the clients file (just in case....).

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html