Re: DAS NX4 Alarm - Dial mobile phone (Australian)

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> flynno wrote:
>> > Geez thanks for that side splitting reply!  If I get a call on my
>> > mobile phone from my home and there is no one home..........I am then
>> > alerted to a possible problem am I not?
>>
>> You have to understand that we get this question and scenario presented
>> here VERY often. It is the unanimous opinion here, that being called on
>> your cell phone that your house is on fire, or that someone is beating
>> your wife to a pulp while you're in a "dead cellular area" or in a
>> business meeting with your phone turned off, is not at all a secure way
>> to do it. And what would you do if you DID get a call?  Rush home? And
>> then find that if the fire department had been called 20 minutes
>> earler, you might have saved your home? Or ......... Call the police or
>> fire department and tell them ....... what? That you got a call on your
>> cell phone from your alarm system but you don't know what's exactly
>> happening?
>>
>> If you feel that the security of your family, home and posessions is
>> not worth a reliable connection to the authorities, of course
>> ........... that's your decision, but not one that anyone here would
>> agree with.
>>
>> If you have a security system, you have concerns...... why wouldn't you
>> carry through and pay .75 cents a day to make sure a proper response is
>> available, 24/7?
>
> Because the manufactures are STUPID enough to make such a ridiculous
> feature
> available. If they want to make a local panel only..OK. If they want to
> make
> one that reports to CS...OK. But don't put the consumer in harms way or
> give
> them such a false sense of security by having a panel report to a cell
> phone
> or pager. STUPID...STUPID... STUPID!!! That is strictly a marketing
> feature
> with no thought given to the possible outcome. I wonder how these
> marketeers
> would look at it if they were held responsible for the possible results?

Where's the old keyswitch that turned the system on and off?
The designers and engineers couldn't figure them out, so they
replaced it with a ............Keypad.........
Now knowbody knows how to use the systems.

Norm Mugford

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html