Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Jim wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>>>With ADT how do I know if I'm dealing with corporate or authorized dealer?
>>
>>Just ask them.  If they get caught lying ADT will...
>>Hmm.  Scratch that.  Check what it says on the contract.
>>

> <Snip the rest of this unethical persons post>
>
> Since the above miscreant isn't in the installation business he doesn't
> know that most of his post doesn't apply to you.
>
> In NY, it is the law that you be notified by certified mail
> prior to 30 days before the renewal date, for renewal of any
> term agreementand be given the choice to renew or not. If
> you are not notified the contract is void. Contacts typically
> say that if a price increase is made after a proscribed term,
> you have the right to object. The company can recind
> the increase or you can cancel.
>
> Read the contract.

Jim,
Thanks for posting correction on NY Law: One note:
Dealer ALSO has the option of either: Certified Mail renewal OR
PERSONAL HAND DELIVERY TO SUBSCRIBER! Bet most scum-o-the-earth don't
want a face to face meeting with an irate customer!

Mike Sokoly
MES Security Systems
NYS Certified Instructor #I-63