Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > With ADT how do I know if I'm dealing with corporate or authorized dealer?
>
> Just ask them.  If they get caught lying ADT will...
> Hmm.  Scratch that.  Check what it says on the contract.

<Snip the rest of this unethical persons post>

Since the above miscreant isn't in the installation business he doesn't
know that most of his post doesn't apply to you.

In NY, it is the law that you be notified by certified mail
prior to 30 days before the renewal date, for renewal of any
term agreementand be given the choice to renew or not. If
you are not notified the contract is void. Contacts typically
say that if a price increase is made after a proscribed term,
you have the right to object. The company can recind
the increase or you can cancel.

Read the contract.