Re: Is it out there anywhere?

Goofybass wrote:
> "Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

>>If you need of a source give Wade Moose, president of ELK Products, a call
>>and ask him about me.  If you'd like access to ELK manuals give me a call.
>>I'll be happy to forward them to you or answer any questions you may have.
>>
>>--
>>
>>Regards,
>>Robert L Bass
>>
>>=============================>
>>Bass Home Electronics
>>4883 Fallcrest Circle
>>Sarasota · Florida · 34233
>>941-866-1100 Sales & Tech Support
>>http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
>>=============================>
>

> If you need a better source try searching Bass Home Electronics with the
> Florida BBB - Here wait a minute - I saved you the trouble.
> http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663
>
> For more info on this character see:
> http://www.goofysplace.com
>
> I would not purchase a thing from this scammer.

You forgot to mention:

He's announced (recently) in another newsgroup that he's leaving the
country again in a few weeks for another *THREE* months.  So much for
tech support...  "Hey, Martha, whenever I phone Bass Home, I can hear
the ocean".

That there are pop-up/pop-unders on his site (be particularly aware of
the "Winfixer" one when it comes around.  It's been identified by
Symantec as a security risk).

That he runs *three* other websites (all selling the same stuff).  Why,
for "petem's" sake??  The good thing is that the BBB sure caught on
fast.  Hey Robert, do you have one of those "low price guarantees"??  If
someone shopping bassburglaralarms.con finds the same stuff cheaper at
either bass-home.com, security-alarm-systems.com, or
home-automation.us.com, do you "price match"???  Do you "run down" the
"competition" at the same time??  :-)

Speaking of "competition", I don't know of anyone whose business is in
competition with... himself??  It must be a "Brazilian thing", or maybe
it's the air in Florida...  Jim!!!  Get out while you can!!!  Move to
Texas where your backyard could get to be as "big" *as Texas* (and
you'll finally have room for all those old Moose panels and keypads)!  :-)

And then there's Doug L's fabulous post (which'll bear repeating soon!)...