Re: James Bond Credit Card Lock Picks

> Some times the cheaper the lock like alarm
> panel locks the harder they are to pick.

That depends on whose lock it is.  Medeco makes (used to make?) a small
cabinet lock that's extremely difficult to pick.  Locks on most alarm
control panels can be opened with a pair of bent paper clips.  Most Kwikset
door locks will open with a rake and a tension bar in 2 seconds.  I wouldn't
try a Schlage and Medeco although an experienced locksmith should have no
problem with a Schlage.

My sister-in-law locked herself out of her apartment in Brazil last year.
Fortunately, only the simpler of the two locks on the door latches shut
without a key.  I opened it in about 2 minutes with a pair of bobby pins.
The other lock has 4 sets of opposing tumblers.  You have to align all four
sets at once to move the cylinder.  It's supposed to be as tough as a
Medeco.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass