Re: Best place to buy parts for those of us who don't have a dealers license ?

So, do you "visualize" each motion sensor placement, or do you train each
customer in the art of motion sensor placement? You know, mirrors, windows,
vents, where the motion is looking in relation to the rising/setting sun,
etc..

Do you "visualize" the Smoke detector placement, so that it will actually
perform as desired? Oh wait- you can't, because you can't see the premises
and it's unseen variables.

I agree that a certain percentage can, (or just will) do their own installs.
I would, even if I wasn't an alarm guy. I also agree that many systems will
work just fine, though you and I both know the ratio of problems
exponentially increases as planning and experience decrease, whether you
care to admit it or not. Where we thoroughly disagree is that you believe
anyone can do it and get the desired result, time after time. I caution
folks to get direct professional "eyes-on" advice for at least the planning
stages of the system, before selling them DIY products. You seem to feel
that selling them products for a sight-unseen application with telephone
support only (which is better than none, granted) is "just as good" as a
professional installation. You know better, Robert.