Re: DIY is a rocky road.

Ademco is not a large percentage of my installs...and ya know I've never
really had problems with their stuff..at least the few models that I do use.

But having said that...at least Ademco stuff easier to program than NappyKO
:-)

As far as programming goes though, nothing beats DMP for ease of
programming...sheesh it's like using an ATM machine just answer questions in
english. Panel of choice for this AARP installer.

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| That's what you get for installing Ademcrap..... :-)) hee hee

| >I agree. I've been doing this stuff for almost 25 years and sometimes I
| >have
| > to read the manual over and over again...and then STILL have to call
tech
| > support --- who speak with a decidely off-shore accent. Its frustrating
at
| > times, but its good when you get it right.
| >

| > "Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | They are not written for anybody who knows how to read and also trusts
| > what
| > | they read:
| > |
| > | Installer code
| > | User code
| > | Default code
| > | Master code
| > |
| > | In the manuals that I am trying to read, all of the above appear with
no
| > | definitions and are obviously used inappropriately, in some cases.
| > Trying
| > | to program something as simple as time and date becomes a mind-bending
| > | experience.  Not because it needs to be ... it's because the hacks who
| > wrote
| > | the manuals don't themselves understand the terms that they are using,
| > or
| > | perhaps are semi-clever agents dedicated to the demise of DIYs.
| > |
| > | I used to think this sort of thing was only endemic among offshore
| > products
| > | designed and built by other than English speaking engineers.  Now, I
| > have
| > | whole new perspective on this issue.
| > |
| > | I know, I know ... this "stuff" is intended for professional
installers
| > and
| > | they just enjoy the hell out of DIYs hanging out here, twisting in the
| > wind.
| > | My tenacity will prevail, in any case.
| > |
| > | Maybe I'll put up a website and further illuminate this extremely dark
| > | corridor of consumer electronics in the good ole yew ess of aay.
| > |
| > |