Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Robert L Bass wrote:
>> What kind of outdated phone company do you guys have?
>
> It's a little, backwoods outfit called Verizon.  :^)
>
>> My DSL filter is part of the phone company interface.
>
> There are two ways to do a DSL line.  The most common method is
> to send DSL along with voice to every jack in the house and then
> stick inline filters on every phone.  The better way and
> unfortunately the less common of the two is what you have.  A
> filter is installed at the demarc (also called a SNI).  All house
> phone jacks except one are connected *after* the filter.  The
> alarm system is wired in ahead of those cables as well.
>
> One cable which leads to the DSL modem is connected *ahead* of
> the filter so that DSL appears on that cable only.
>
>> The phone lines are pure as the driven snow.
>
> Snow?  What's that?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> Bass Burglar Alarms
> The Online DIY Store
> http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

	Actually, haven't seen much driven snow since I left Taxachusetts  20
years ago. With your being from Connecticut, you know of what I speak.
Here is Tennessee, a major storm which drives all the locals into a
state of panic, is anything between a dusting and a half inch.

	Bob