Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

> What kind of outdated phone company do you guys have?

It's a little, backwoods outfit called Verizon.  :^)

> My DSL filter is part of the phone company interface.

There are two ways to do a DSL line.  The most common method is
to send DSL along with voice to every jack in the house and then
stick inline filters on every phone.  The better way and
unfortunately the less common of the two is what you have.  A
filter is installed at the demarc (also called a SNI).  All house
phone jacks except one are connected *after* the filter.  The
alarm system is wired in ahead of those cables as well.

One cable which leads to the DSL modem is connected *ahead* of
the filter so that DSL appears on that cable only.

> The phone lines are pure as the driven snow.

Snow?  What's that?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass