Re: DSC 5020? 5200 power supply needed?

"J Barnes" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2rGdnUMegMWdS2beRVn-rQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The catch is the battery has to be kept in good shape.  I f you let the
> battery get marginal and the alarm sounds you run a chance of burning up
the
> aux power on the control.  DSC does not like to run at its limits.  We
have
> burned up several because of this. :(
>
> I would use the seperate AUX power supply.  Or better yet dont use DSC
> controls.

The aux output is protected with a circuit breaker. A weak battery will not
burn it up.
Your experience with "burning up the aux power" is most likely related to
the bad bridges a few years back.
DSC controls will run all day at the mfg. spec.aux. limit of 500ma.
I use DSC with very little trouble. All mfgs. have issues.
js