Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

I don't "like" the GE system at all; IMO, it's simply the best of a bad lot
because of the remote dialer....

Glassbreaks are most useful if you have areas with a wide expanse of glass,
and the glass is the older single pane type glass. Newer double pane windows
are considerably harder to break, and when they do, they make a noise like a
rifle shot. As such, it has been  my experience (at least in our relatively
peaceful part of the continent), they don't break them during residential
breakin's. The most I've seen them do is pry them open if they have not been
fully closed and locked (but then, I don't install in downtown LA

Commercial installations are quite the opposite however, and glassbreaks are
almost a must in most every commercial situation. I've seen them break a
$1000 plate glass window to see if there's any money in the cash drawer
(even though I told the guy to always leave it open in plain site of the
window....). I've taken to making up a sign for the very few commercial
clients I have left (after I got rid of most of them), that says "No cash on
premises after hours"

My .02 cents...

RHC