Re: EOL's

> I know what you think you mean.  I also know you're completely
> wrong about tolerance.  I suggest you study the matter a while.
> Then come back and correct yourself.

I don't mean to belittle you as you are obviously trying to do to me,
but you really show how little practical field or bench repair
experience you have when you say that high temperatures, combined with
high humidity cannot affect resistance in a carbon resistor.

Although it may not be common for a field resistor to change value
based on high ambient heat and high levels of humidity, it can and does
happen in the real world.  To tell anyone that this is not so is doing
them a disservice.  Also, perhaps this man's resistor suffered an
induced high current due to a nearby lighting strike, in which case the
excessive heat caused by the high current could have super heated the
carbon, causing its properties to change.

What I've told him I stand behind from both my electronic training and
my experience in the field, which includes 4 years of schooling, 18
years of field experience, and more than 15 years of work in trade
journalism working with the men and women who work in the field in
security.  I also hold a technican's class amateur radio license,
KC80CV.

I stand behind my statement 100% unless someone else who has some real
engineering knowledge can step up and refer me to an on-line source of
information that says, as you have, that temperature and humidity,
combined with time, cannot change the value of a carbon resistor.
That's my final word until that day comes.

Al

---
FireNetOnline BBS
http://www.firenetonline.com