Re: Wiring

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
news: uactu11ffqks8bmcbah5eo8il7kvlvk4co@xxxxxxxxxx
> If there are two pairs of wires at the window there's a good
> chance one is from the panel and the other goes to the next
> sensor.  By shorting one, then the other you can find out which
> pair is from the panel.

Bad or incomplete info as always...

First shorting the pair will not closed the loop if EOL resistor is in used
in the circuit and the EOL is properly installed at the last device in the
loop

the best comment would be

close all the windows/door of the said loop,then connect the 2 pair to each
other (one wire of one cable goes to one wire of the other cable,and the
same for the remaining wire of the pair,make sure the now spliced wire is
not shorting all the wire together

now check for status of the zone at the keypad,of the zone is ok,all you
need to do is connect the remaining 2 wire from the contact to the
wiring,you do it so by opening one side of the splice (where one wire of one
cable is connected to another wire from the other cable) and connect the 2
wire from the contact to those now free 2 wire end..

secure the connection with a soldering iron if you have one,and tape it all
(use electrical tape,not masking tape or duck tape) so that nothing short
against any of the splice,if no soldering iron make good joint by removing
at least an inch of the wiring insulation and twisting the wires together
very tight on the whole length of the metal not insulated..then tape very
securely..

now test operation of the zone by pushing the pin of the contact or holding
the magnet close to the switch ,you should see an open and a close...at a
minimum

now to be sure that every thing is good ,test all device in that loop to be
sure all is ok...

now I do wonder how long you were on service call.................surely not
for 27 years