Re: Wiring

> I had a window sensor go out in my home security system.  When I pulled
> up the magnet from the window sill, the sensor wires pulled out of the
> wiring.  I went through the wall to get to the wiring, and boy am I
> confused.  I have two, two wire cables coming into the bottom of the
> window.  The magnetic sensor has two wires.  Can anyone help me with
> the correct way to reconnect the sensor?  The house is wired in zones;
> I don't think each individual sensor is wired to the box, in other
> words I think each zone is wired in series.  I would appreciate any
> help you can give me.  Thanks.

You can determine which wires to use fairly easily.  Short one
pair at a time while someone is watching the touchpad.  When the
ready light comes on, that's the pair leading back to the panel.

Leave that pair shorted and check all other windows to make sure
they are functional.  If not, connect the other pair in series
with the first and recheck.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass