Re: System Sensor/DSC problem

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Frank, the panels I use (DSC and Paradox) supervise the siren loop as a
> normal course of action. I'm curious, how does adding the resistor assist
> matters (other than for the example problem being discussed....)

In this particular example, the OP wants to kill the sound coming from
the siren (caused by the supervisory voltage across the leads).  You
mentioned adding the 1000 ohm resistor across the siren output.  If you
do that at the panel, you're losing supervision of the siren.  If you
put the resistor *at the siren*, you maintain supervision of the wire
between the panel and the siren.