On-Line Sales fromt he Commercial Side

I have several distributors that allow me to place orders on my account
on-line.

ADI, DBL, Petra, Teledynamics and many others.

In a lot of ways it much handier.  I can price compare several options and
read the full descriptions and even figure out the mfg part numbers and
cross check the mfg's website to make sure the item will fill the job.

There are some problems though.  I can't negotiate prices on-line wyhen
their standard price is obviously way above what I normally pay.  While this
is a minor inconvenience its not the big draw back.

There are actually two things that are at issue.  When I order on-line they
ship it from whatever branch they feel like, not the one that is closest to
me.  Raises shipping costs and delays delivery.

The other is they are not consistant about handling on-line orders in a
timely fashion.  Recently I have noticed this with both ADI and DBL.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

LocalNet dialup IMO is a criminal organization.
Have not used them in years but they continue to bill me.