Re: How much effort should I put to hard-wire?

> Bill wrote:
> > Replacement batteries can be quite expensive. So if you are planning on
> > living there a long time, hardwire now would save you money in the long
run.

> > So far as doing it yourself, running concealed wires in an already built
> > home is an art which can take quite a bit of experience to learn. Also
> > knowing what is inside the walls, not drilling into an electric or gas
line,
> > etc.
> >
> > If you are not experienced at this, I would suggest having an
experienced
> > alarm installer or electrician do it for you.
> >
> > But have it done for cash, no contracts, etc. Probably best to find
someone
> > to do it on the side and not deal with an alarm company. Or a small
locally
> > owned alarm company might do this without any contracts which obligate
you
> > to monitoring, etc.
> >

> Why sure Bill,
> That's what we really want to see on a Newsgroup made up of installers.
>
> Someone promoting getting work done by someone who's cheating on their
> employer.
>
> Yep,
> Ya know ......... you could just tell him to hail down the next car he
> sees with a ladder sticking out of it's trunk. He's sure to get a good
> job done ......... and real cheap too!

Until the guy stubs his toe, because he was wearing flip flops and sues the
homeowner on a workers comp claim. Go ahead and pay the guy **cash** and
then file a 1099 on his ass for income tax purposes. Maybe they'll learn not
to be ho's when they have to answer why they forgot to claim that income on
their IRS form. Bill started his post out OK and then went quickly to hell
in a hand basket. Some of the advice that comes out of here is always good
for kick and giggles.