Re: Fire Alarm Seminar Schedule

Speaking of Lake Mary, FL., they stepped in it with their recent ordinance
for fire alarms. Some city individuals may not be to happy when they realize
their ordinance violates state law, was not filed with the State and
Building Commission and they have advocated a monopoly. I wonder where their
city attorney went to school because he sure missed this one. Other than Tom
H. and Eric N., the self proclaimed president of the AFAA, is there any
active membership or associaton structure in Florida? If so, they need to
contact the AAF ASAP about the up coming events, that will be critical to
the fire industry, in Florida. The AAF is now approaching 820 member
companies in the State with eleven active regions. To support our
membership, the AAF's 2006 training schedule, as published, outlines the
dates and locations for 90 classes around the state. That does not include
private classes for some of the larger companies and training for State
departments, ie DBPR and both police and fire officials. Outside related
associations, ie FFCA and the FPCA, cities and counties are turning to us
with questions and are looking for answers. Committees within each of those
associations are partnering with the AAF and adding industry reps to those
committees to address alarm issues. Industry associations, such as the AFAA
and the AAF should be pooling resourses and going forward as a unified
industry, especially as we start addressing county and municipal ordinance
work. Any thoughts?