Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Installing without pulling permits and, if they did, letting them expire
without inspections. Several building departments filed complaints with the
State. The State initially *revoked* their license. ADT went to court and
the court decided that since it was this particular license holders first
offense, the State couldn't revoke his license. ADT has, I believe, 8
license holders in Florida. Their stand is that each license holder serves
different parts of the state, however, only the one license shows up on all
of their contracts, trucks and advertising. As I said before, there is
already complaints against that license since it was on probation. These are
not complaints coming from competitors, as one might want to believe, but
from cities and counties. No one will shut down ADT but it does show that a
license holder, who is ultimately responsible, has the possibility of being
cast aside, with a revoked license, and replaced with a fresh license. The
reason the ECLB originally made the decision to revoked the license is
because ADT failed to show for the hearing. The revokation did get their
attention. It also put them on the radar for future dealings with the State.
I imagion that suspension would be next action on this particular license,
which won't stop them with 7 other licenses. They usually buy their way out
of their problems. It isn't a secret that money can buy anything.