Re: Safe Room Door Lock

Most commercial wooden solid-core doors are under 200 lbs, even fire doors.
I haven't seen any Soss hinges in a mag for a while, but 4" 100lb. capacity
hinges used to be around $70 each. 3 of these would hold up a pretty stout
door.  (Using them in a fire door would void the rating, due to the large
mortices to allow their installation.)
You may have seen these in use in a racquetball court door, or a hinged
bartop.   Great for hidden doors in wainscoting over a wall safe or such.
Interesting story behind their conception and design; a stubbed toe on a sea
voyage!
 Rick