Re: How Many Years Have You Been in the Industry?

Gawd !!....I hope that never happens ! We'll be pushing the 1000 mark any
time now if my son continues to grow things as he's doing ! This month in
Florida really puts things in perspective for me. My son seems to be doing a
splendid job of managing the business as well as doing a couple of full
installs a week. I'm actually amazed at how well he's doing; I told him
service is the ONLY thing I care about while I'm gone, but he seems to be
doing both very well. Next year I plan to trailer my motorcycle down for
Jan, Feb and half of March, and I'm beginning to think I'll hand things over
to him to fully run by then....

I NEVER want to get to that size...certainly not without increasing staff to
handle it. I've seen too many local companies grow too bit too quickly only
to start to lose their reputation and a lot of their customers when they
forget what it's really all about. But...hey...I'm just a youngster n terms
of years in business compared to guys like yourself, Bob Lalonde and Jim
(alarman). So I'll just sit back and continue to learn things from others on
the newsgroup !

A year is a long time though; who knows what can happen in that length of
time. I retired once before 12 years ago; I'm beginning to think its time
again.

I wish everyone on the ng well....(having to deal with a dial up account
here in Florida is a bummer though......)

Cheers !

RHC

  At the current