Re: Causes of Ground Faults

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:50:49 GMT, Michael <sirflannelS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:11:06 GMT, "Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
><snip>
>>From the burg loop on combo burg fire panels (where otherwise legal). Some
>>folks use beans on the burg side, and some use cutters to crimp the beans,
>>and some have problems with foreign grounds because of that. I have had to
>>trouble shoot those before where the burg loop trashes the fire system for
>>that reason or a number of other issues. One reason I hate to deploy combo
>>burg/fire panels, especially on larger systems. I am sure I am not the only
>>one who has had this problem.
><snip>
>
>In this area, the AHJ does not permit combo systems. Before that, yes,
>I had one on the front door of a conveinence store, and it only
>registered the ground fault when the door opened (every few minutes or
>so). Otherwise, it would go away. Talk about pulling my hair out!

The Bosch combo system can be made to ignore grounds on sec loops, and
initiate trouble on fire loops..., provided they are separate (as they
shall per. code)  But I don't like Bosch systems... My hated comes
from Radix, but now they Boooosh get the title.

The only time I've used combo systems on commercial was for smoke
above the panel and pull stations for a night club, and water flow
supervisory.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)