Re: Causes of Ground Faults

1)Poor workmanship. Using cutters to crimp beans leaving a gap in the
insulation and the gap touching a grounded back box.
2)Water or moisture from running cables in underground pipes where they get
flooded and the wire soaks.
3)Telephone line induced grounds. Out of range Telco voltage can be
interpreted by some panels as a ground.