Re: Causes of Ground Faults

On 18 Dec 2006 12:12:04 -0800, jonlevis@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have been asked to present a training seminar regarding fire alarm
>systems, in particular addressable systems. I am looking for common
>causes of Ground Fault Troubles that people have come across. Any one?

Let's see....

Wires stripped back too far behind devices touching back box

wires stripped back too far in the control panel

wires pulled tight and tye wrapped or secured around sharp metal
corners

wires pulled roughly during wiring, causing nicks in the wire

heat detector and pull station  in resturaunt kitchens getting sprayed
down during nightly cleanup

leaky roof above smoke detector

non-weather resistant horn strobe placed outside, moisture getting
inside box, corroding wire and damaging horn strobe

50 feet of slack crammed into a 4-O box behind a horn strobe getting
nicked and crushed inside the box

Anyone think of anything I missed ?? <g>