Re: Looking for online "basics" resources...

Matt Ion wrote:

> Yeah, that's a little extreme... she's not looking to become an alarm tech, she
> needs a better understanding of the basics to get her through her insurance course.

I think she'd be better off, going to the library and getting a book on
basic alarm systems. I'd guess, now with the internet the ultimate
source of everything you ever wanted to know about everything, that
some of the books would be outdated. But, as you said, she doesn't need
to know as much as a tech. There used to be some pretty basic books out
there on alarm systems she could probably breeze through in a few
nights of reading.

Here's another little suggestion. When my kids were in high school and
had to write on a subject they knew little about, we'd go into the
childrens section and check out as many books as we could on the
subject. After reading this simplistic and basic information, we'd
later go back and were then better able to pick books at their level
they could make use of. They always got good marks using this method. I
should say "we" always got good marks :-)