Re: pir false alarms

1--Yes it is possible for a fly to trigger a PIR (more likely is a spider
though)

2-- Yes bad adjustment could increase the likelyhood of this, But not very
likely in your case as it has been fine for over 2 years.

3--Yes wrong lenses could increase false alarms if not suited to the
location, But not very likely in your case as it has been fine for over 2
years. (also for non standard lenses to be fitted in this sensor the
installer would have had to order the lenses seperately and exchanged them
for the standard lens fitted the sensor when supplied).

4-- Yes the problem could be the (I assume you mean Rokonet CONTROL PANEL)
when you say System. But this is also very unlikely as the Dual-Tec Sensors
seem to have cured the Problem.

The most likely cause is Insects or Environmental, this seems to be backed
up by the fact that Dual-Tecs have cured the problem.

As for the Manufacturers 5 Year warranty that would only apply if you
removed, sent back, & re-fitted the sensors to Pyronix yourself, all this
being your own time and cost. Plus if the sensors were not faulty you could
be charged for the testing.  If they were replaced they would only be
replaced with the same model of sensor, and it would appear that that
probably would not cure your problem.

As for the cost of the 3 sensors being 25% of the System cost,
1-- Costs increase over 2 years.
2--Dual-Tecs are 3-4 times the price of PIRs.
3-- Bulk buy (complete Systems) are bound to be considerably cheaper than
seperate items (work out the price of a car by the spare parts) plus you
have travel costs and extra labour to consider as well.

The installer has every right to charge you for replacing an item that is
out of the standard 12 month warranty that he supplied. (you go down to a
chain store  PC supplier and try to buy a system that includes the
Manufacturers 3 year warranty on the Monitor, or the Manufacturers 2 year
warranty on the Motherboard or the Manufacturers 5 Year warranty on the Hard
Drive, etc etc)

WHY WHY WHY did you not  have your alarm system Maintained under an all
inclusive maintenance contract then none of these problems would have been
at your cost.