Re: pir false alarms

> Now it has worked fine for 3 months. But theel
> installer sends us a bill for the replacement of
> the first detector. And i think another bill for
> the two others will follow. Together this is the
> 25% of the price of the system! I do not think
> this is normal after 2,5 years. (The warranty
> of the system is 1 year, but on the pyronix site
> i read the pir detectors come with 5 years of
> warranty)

It is not "normal" for all three PIR detectors to fail after a short time.
Flies rarely cause problems.  A spider could be the culprit in some
circumstances, but rarely in 3 separate detectors.  However, the real
problem here is that the installer should have honored the warranty.

> Can the reason be in the rokonet system instead of in the PIR's?

It could be.  Were these wired or wireless snsors?  Are there other sensors
in the system?

> Any other ideas???

Yes.  Refuse to pay for replacement of merchandise which is still under
warranty.   Tell the installer tht if he insists on payment you will switch
to another alarm company.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass