Re: In search of the ultimate work shoe.

> My buddy swears by Mephistos but I'll be danged if Im gonna spend 285
> smackers on a pair or shoes to work in. I'm looking for a really light
> weigh
> pair of sneaker-like shoes to work in. It doesn't get cold OR wet
> here...just hot!... and no way can I wear heavy clodhoppers.
>
> Any ideas?

I've got some Mephistos my wife bought and they are very comfortable, but I
keep them as a casual dress shoe.  What I have found that seems to work very
well is the waterproof steel toe Brahma work/hiking boots at Wal-Mart.

I buy two pairs at a time and I replace them about every 8-10 months keeping
the older pairs for nasty work, and send the oldest ones to the mission.
There is some hobo with my shoe size who is a very happy guy on a cold
winter morning.  They are pretty inexpensive.

I originally started wearing these after I broke my leg and smashed my foot
because they supported my foot so well.  Now they are my everyday wear, even
when I go fishing.

THE KEY is to switch pairs everyday letting the other pair dry completely
out.  Your feet won't stink so bad, and they will feel a lot better.

The nice thing about these is they always seem to have them instock, and I
never have to worry about getting a hard time when I go on a job site that
is anally safety conscious.  I just grab my vest and my hard hat out of the
truck and I'm ready to go.  (P.S.  Speaking of such things... always get
your own safety glasses.  You will be much happier than using the horrible
loaners at various industrial sites.)

My only complaint is the laces don't hold up. so I usually buy several extra
pairs of laces for them.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
849 S Ave C
Yuma, Az 85364