Re: In search of the ultimate work shoe.

Go looking for some australian made boots called Bludstones.  They're
very light and extremely comfortable.  They even have a CSA or
equivalent work version available if you do commercial work and there's
a Safety Supervisor onsite looking to make sure everyone's got approved
footwear on.

What I really like is the no lace approach.  You walk into the
customer's home and you can just kick them off without having to stoop over.

http://blundstoneboots.stores.yahoo.net/ for instance.

I've lived in two pairs (Brown & Black) for the last 3-4 years.