Re: Fire Alarms Again

"J Barnes" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:HuWdnRiE3_4MdfLYnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I need to install a fire communicator in a 2 story office building.  The
> communicator is for the fire sprinklers.  Does anyone here know what else
> might be required?  Or can you point me in the right direction.  I talked
> the FM and he told me the building requires horn strobes beacause it is a
> "hi rise".  I have never put a communicator in a 2 story commercial office
> building like this one, but I have put them in single story offices that
> didnt require the addtl horns.  Other then the smoke detector above the
fire
> control are the horns all I would need?

A "communicator" is an entirely different "animal" from a fire alarm system.
I'd check with your AHJ about any additional requirements.  In BC, when a
sprinkler system requires monitoring (regardless of the size of building),
if any additional detection devices are required, they must be supervised by
a fire alarm panel and that requires installation of a fire alarm system.