Re: House 110V smoke

<RickP@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5rh5n2lmej3m6foc8cm6f2g3ccnenvfu4l@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Rich" <Rich3784@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The yellow or "tandem" wire is used to place other detectors in the
> house (same model number)  in alarm and can not be used to drive a
> relay.  Most tandem outputs are from 3-6 vdc and not 120vac...
> remember, this must also function while running off the 9 volt
> battery.

That's not universally true.  I know of at least one smoke alarm family
where the "tandem wire" _isn't_ "low voltage".  I imagine that because the
don't have battery backup, they can't be used in many jurisdictions in the
US, though.

> If the detectors have auxilliary alarm contacts or a auxilliary relay
> option, use them instead.  However, ALL detector contacts or relays in
> the house must be used in parellel because they do not transfer when
> receiving an alarm via the tandem connection.

Boy are you ever wrong.  The "tandem connection" is used by the listed relay
as well.  http://www.icca.invensys.com/firex/accessories.htm