Re: House 110V smoke

"Rich" <Rich3784@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have to place a meter across the yellow and the natural,
>do you thing the output is 120 AC. even with battery back up I don't think
>so.

The yellow or "tandem" wire is used to place other detectors in the
house (same model number)  in alarm and can not be used to drive a
relay.  Most tandem outputs are from 3-6 vdc and not 120vac...
remember, this must also function while running off the 9 volt
battery.

If the detectors have auxilliary alarm contacts or a auxilliary relay
option, use them instead.  However, ALL detector contacts or relays in
the house must be used in parellel because they do not transfer when
receiving an alarm via the tandem connection.

Rick P.