Re: Strange Fire Alarm Activity

"Just Some Guy" <notarealaddress@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Since it is an old school, does it have a clock system?  Often the old
>clocks syncronize at some ungodly hour.  Perhaps the sync pulses are setting
>it off?  Perhaps the fire alarm wire is run in the same conduit, not unusual
>for the old systems where everything was 120 VAC.

Most clock systems sync the minute hand on the 58th or 59th minute and
the hour hand at 6am and 6pm.

I remember a condensation problem which drove me nuts several years
ago.  Each night in the fall the FA system would false alarm.  Finally
traced it back to condensation forming inside a conduit buried in an
outside wall.  It was running down inside the conduit and shorting out
the pull station micro switch.  This was an intermittant problem
however, and was not occuring each and every night at a precise time
as you mentioned.

Rick P.