Re: Fire Alarms Again

James,

A building that only has two stories above grade is not classified as a
"high rise".

By "fire communicator" do you mean "fire alarm control panel" ?

What is "required" often varies fom state to state and municipality.
Talk to the local AHJ, see what he/she wants.

If you are installing fire alarms, you should be intimatley familiar
with NFPA 72 and NEC, section 760.  IBC references both these
documents.  NFPA 72 (2002) will give you spacing requirements for
notification applainces.

Another thing to consider is ADA requirements.  If this is a
consideration, you'll need visuals in public restrooms and other common
public areas.