Re: ESP "Infinite" Wireless Security Alarm

> Thats kinda the way most of the wireless pirs work, the walk test led only
> works when in walk-test and not during actual operation, this is to save
> battery life. Same for the alarm signal they usually will send one signal
> the panel every few minutes, not every time it sees movement....same
> thing...save battery life.
>

> "John" <wedontwant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | Just bought one of these alarm systems. I want to use it purely and
> simply
> | as a burglar alarm, ie, no GSM, no "Central Station" monitoring and no
> X10
> | Home Automation.
> |
> | The kit came with 3 wireless PIRs and none of them seem to detect
> movement.
> | Each PIR has a jumper that can be set to "walk test" mode and there's a
> red
> | LED that should come on when movement is detected. About every 4 minutes
> the
> | LED flashes twice as the PIR sends an "I'm alive and here" signal back
> | the control unit but it just doesn't light up when you move.
> |
> | The control unit is in the hallway with the zone 1 PIR mounted above it
> and
> | the unit reports Zone 1 PIR as signal strength 9, status OK. Zones 2 & 3
> | PIRs are reported as signal strength 7, status OK.
> |
> | As I said, none of the PIRs do anything except their 4-minute "check-in"
> | with the control unit. Seems strange that all 3 should be faulty but
> that's
> | what it looks like, unless anyone here can put me right.
> |
> | Actually, to be more precise, I have the system set to "chime" when a
> | detector
> | triggers until I get it all installed properly and while I was typing
> out
> | this message  the hallway detector was triggered twice. It seems that
> the
> | detectors *will* detect movement, but only *once* in the 4-minute period
> | between "check-in" signals.
> |
> | Any ideas anyone?
> |
> | Cheers,
> |
> | John.

I have to admit to being very much a novice and a newbie when it comes to
security alarms but surely Crash, that can't be right, can it? If the
wireless PIR only sends an alarm signal to the control unit every few
minutes and not every time it senses motion, a burglar could be in and out
between signals - or worse, in, out of range of PIR when it decides to send
it's next signal, and out 20 minutes later in another "space" between
signals???

John.