Garage Door Question

Thanks to all of you that have already helped me out on the contact
placement issue I was having.

Wanted your opinions on something.  I have a Keyfob for my system.  We have
a garage that is connected to the home but no door that leads directly from
the garage into the home.  The entry door to our garage is right outside our
front door.  Anyway, I'm thinking I simply put a door contact on that door
and then a contact on the garage door but I'm struggling with the time it
takes to enter the garage, get out of the garage and then de-activate the
alarm.  Now, true with a Keyfob we can just disarm it but how do you really
know that it's disarmed...I don't want to think it's disarmed, spend time in
the garage say getting groceries out and then have the sucker go off on me.

Do we just increase the response time on the garage door zone to something
like three mintues, 5 minutes, etc.

Just looking for your thoughts and if i'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks again.

Joe.