Re: Garage Door Question

Joe Nortman wrote:
> Thanks to all of you that have already helped me out on the contact
> placement issue I was having.
>
> Wanted your opinions on something.  I have a Keyfob for my system.  We have
> a garage that is connected to the home but no door that leads directly from
> the garage into the home.  The entry door to our garage is right outside our
> front door.  Anyway, I'm thinking I simply put a door contact on that door
> and then a contact on the garage door but I'm struggling with the time it
> takes to enter the garage, get out of the garage and then de-activate the
> alarm.  Now, true with a Keyfob we can just disarm it but how do you really
> know that it's disarmed...I don't want to think it's disarmed, spend time in
> the garage say getting groceries out and then have the sucker go off on me.
>
> Do we just increase the response time on the garage door zone to something
> like three mintues, 5 minutes, etc.
>
> Just looking for your thoughts and if i'm missing something obvious here.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Joe.

I don't think you want to allow 5 minutes to get into your home. And,
although not as important, you have to think about exit time too.

Forgot what panel you're using but there's likely some way you can use
an Aux relay output or logic output to cause at least an LED to come
on. For instance, the panels I use (Napco) would allow you to program a
logic output so you could light an LED that was visible from the
outside of your home, or cause the siren to "chirp" upon arming or
disarming.