Re: Remote car start via phone?

Frank Olson wrote:

> In Vancouver, if you idle your engine for longer than 3 minutes while
> parked anywhere, you're subject to an $80.00 fine.  This has something
> to do with lowering emission levels.  This, of course, never even
> crossed your mind.  Having a "warm and toasty" car is far more important
> after that long plane trip...

Until you have walked in someone else's shoes, don't condemn. I used an
off-airport lot here in Pittsburgh when I traveled alot 25 years ago. I
got off the shuttle paid the bill and my car was parked under a canopy
with all the snow cleared off, the car running with the heater,
headlights on, door open and trunk open. This was during a heavy
snowfall and still had to drive home in a blinding storm at 11:30 pm. I
could of kissed all the employees, but this was standard operating
procedure for this outfit. It was worth every cent of my employers money
and priced LESS the the airport lot.