Re: Napco MA-3000 Fire Bell Trouble warning upon power-up.

Thanks All for your suggestions...

As it turned out the wrong default program was loaded. The install
manual suggests loading from address 3072, then at the top of pg.11
(for those who are following along at home) it states:

"12. ...the panel is now programmed with the burglary default program
and the system trouble 'NO PANEL PROGRAM' should be cleared."

the reality is that address 3072 loads the *fire* default program.
(3071 loads the burg default). This typo appears in the WI588A 7/93
that came with the board (new 2 weeks ago). I figured this out when
refering to the WI785B 10/96, which correctly mentions loading from
address 3071... prob solved no more a Fire Bell System Trouble.

...so I guess it was a case of installer error (my error) ... and I
guess Napco Panels aren't as difficult to program as people say...
(actually they still are!!!)

Anyway thanks again for your replies