Re: Remote car start via phone?

In article <XJ0Cg.345089$iF6.83209@pd7tw2no>, Frank Olson <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>bigbilltolbert wrote:
>> I think that I found something that will do it.  It is made by Audiovox
>> and plugs into their starters.  You can then call a phone number and
>> put in your pin and it starts the car.  Looks like is it an extra $150,
>> but comes with the service for the life of the product.  SInce my last
>> starter lasted seven years and was still working when I traded it in,
>> that would have only been $1.78 a month.
>>

> http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=100
>01&storeId=10001&productId=13462&langId=-1
>>
>> http://www.audiovox.com/manuals/owners/1286916.pdf
>>
>> I'll post back here if I get one installed and let you know how it
>> worked out.
>>
>> --bbt
>>

>In Vancouver, if you idle your engine for longer than 3 minutes while
>parked anywhere, you're subject to an $80.00 fine.  This has something
>to do with lowering emission levels.  This, of course, never even
>crossed your mind.  Having a "warm and toasty" car is far more important
>after that long plane trip...

Are you also not permitted to drive around in circles, accelerate too fast,
drive too big a car, or have a 4WD,  or just joy ride.
In many places you just sit in traffic for far longer times. Its
all about the politicians wanting to look good. Perhaps they should
install automatic turn offs in all vehicles after 3 minutes.

greg