Re: The Fire Alarm Experts strike again?

alarman wrote:
> "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > We lost a bid for a commercial deal (Subway Deli/Carvel) to ADT but the
> > reason why had me laughing.
> > The owner chose ADT because I refused to match their offer of
> > installing a Vista20 panel, 2 doors, 1 motion, 1 glassbreak, and a HEAT
> > detector. I offered any other device not related to fire but no dice.
> > The owner was deadset on getting a "FIRE alarm system" thrown in, and
> > since ADT was the only one willing to do it they were choosing ADT.
> > This is in NYC mind you.
>
> Yeah, I get that sometimes. 3500 sq. ft. two-story house, and <Insert your
> favorite national here> is tossing in a smoke detector. One. Uno. Great.
>
> What does NYC have to do with it? Try getting a fire alarm system approved
> in Carlsbad. Then talk to me about your pussy NYC regs. Hah.
> js <

NYC commercial fire is a whole different ball of wax. You need
blueprints. You need to obtain a permit from the FD. You need to have
the system inspected, and the installer had best be NICET certified.
The system MUST be monitored from an FDNY approved central station. And
Local 3 will want a piece of the pie too.
You cannot throw a heat on a Vista20 and call it a commercial fire
system.
That didn't stop the ADT rep from pitching it like that and it doesn't
stop the moron businessman from believing it qualifies as a fire
system.
BTW, the owner of the business already lost one location to fire.

Carlsbad? Isn't that an imported beer?