Re: PIR Defeat, What To Use?

Alex Threlfall wrote:
> Note that they only defeated a simple PIR, not a Microwave PIR :) Also
> they moved very fast accross the room,

Ah, good point didn't realize that.  But can we really get installed
only microwave units? I thought, they were both IR and MW.  If that's
so, don't you still need the IR to activate along with the MW to get an
alarm? If they defeated the IR by preventing it from seeing the IR
given off by a person, even if the MW actvated, wouldn't it still not
go into alarm because there will never be an IR detection?   I'm not in
the alarm business so I may be way off base and confusing myself.
Thanks.