Re: DSC 832 #4 FTC Error

Joe Nortman wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I was about to setup my system with an alarm monitoring company and just to
> test I put my cell number in and entered a duress code to test if it worked.
> The system worked, called me on my cell and I hung up.  Well, the sucker
> kept calling me back and I finally had to turn off my phone.  No big deal
> because it stopped after a while except my keypad now keps coming up with a
> FTC error.  I have the manual but I'm missing on how to clear this error.

The system is looking to communicate with a receiver.  If it doesn't get
a special tone it can't transmit the alarm codes.  It will keep trying
for however many attempts you've programmed and then shut down and
initiate a "Fail to Communicate" trouble.

> If someone can maybe point me to a page in the manual I will try to figure
> it out.....I just can't seem to find it.

There are two ways to clear this trouble.  A successful communication
with a central station receiver is one.  Resetting your system is the
other, however, if you fail to remove your cell phone number and your
system tries to communicate again, you'll wind up with the same problem.