Re: False alarms

Al Colombo wrote:
> Most of the time most firms will place that one zone or device on test
> until they solve the problem while allowing the remainder of the system
> to remain active.  At least this is what I use to do back in the 70s,
> 80s, and more recently bewteen 2001 and 2004 when I was managing an
> alarm firm in Ohio. <

I'm sorry Al I can't comment on our industry in the 70's. I was playing
with Tonka trucks, and Matchbox cars back then. I'll defer to Jim, RHC,
and Bob Worthy since those old bastards were in the busines back then.
I hope they respond before the dementia gets worse.

> The only control the alarm firm will have if the local authority fines
> the alarm company is to end their recurring revenue quicker than if the
> end user is fined.  I think it's a bad deal for dealers, end users, and
> the local authorities.<

Fines should be a last resort AFTER we have had time to rectify the
situation.
That Toronto article looks very interesting, and if their numbers are
right it would be a savings in the long run.

> Comments? <

More bran, less sugar :-)