Re: Somebody at Napco Watches this Group

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Yeah, but it was also you that was quoting tip and
> > ring incorrectly to people several years ago because
> > you learned it off a Napco panel.  I figured if I
> > mentioned one I would have to mention the other.
> > LOL.
>
> When did I quote tip and ring incorrectly?  The way I learned it (not off
> Napco panel but from reading voltage with a meter) is "ring = red =
negative".
> If I recall correctly it was Ashbury who got it wrong (along with almost
> everything else) in his so-called FAQ.

Um... on a meter red is positive. Confused the heck of me back when I worked
for the phone company and was learning about telephone as a teenager.  As
far as I know only on telephones red is negative.  Almost every new tech I
knew after that got it wrong until somebody explained to them that telephone
is just different.  "If tip is positive then tip must be red."  Wrong, but
it sure seems to make sense huh?  I've heard a few engineers say that, "Mr
Bell just did things his own way."

I'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you like so many others have.  You
are welcome to Google yourself and see if I'm wrong.  I could be.  I've been
reading this group since about 1996 or 97 I think so that is a lot of
Googling.  You only have to have said it wrong one time for me to be right.
LOL.

I recall Jacob stating that incorrectly and you correcting him once also,
but that was much later.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner