Re: Some cautions for "Newbies"

Everywhere Man said:

>It's my opinion that cell backup here, given the high percentage of
>times you can't find a signal, is worthless. Now with the changes
>coming in 2008 regarding the towers it has become even less appealing
>to offer.
>What's it like in your area?

Those sonsofbitches can't even make my phone work as well as it should, so
I'm not real confident in the ability of the cellphone companies to provide
reliable alarm service.  I share your problems with getting adequate signal
strength consistently.

Private radio networks are a better way to go, but sometimes those radios
are a pain in the ass, too.

I'd be more concerned about NYC, though.  It's long been known for skilled
attacks on alarm systems (though no offense, that may not be a major worry
for the average Brinks customer).  I will always remember how back in the
mid-1970s, burglars whacked the main cables leading into Holmes' NYC
central station.  Ten thousand direct wire systems went off all at once,
guess which one was actually being robbed.