Re: It's time

Michael Baker wrote:
> Nomen Nescio wrote:
>

>>Sounds like Bobby Bass has made another friend.
>>
>>Welcome to the idiot brigade, Mike! :)
>

> I've been hanging around since Steve R was trying to make peace in his
> own newsgroup.  I had been using Agent newsreader, which makes it easy
> to ignore certain posters.  I'm using google groups now and it doesn't
> seem to support filtering.
>
> The crap that a certain poster dumps in here makes it clear that he's a
> sociopath.  Every time I see his attempt to redirect blame and
> responsibility I'm reminded of the Groucho Marx quote: "It is better to
> remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove
> all doubt."
Allow me to "Bassify You"!
The following versions and attributions have been posted on alt.quotations
but no sources.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your
mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln (also attr. Confucius)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a
fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

A Yiddish proverb has been proposed as the origin, but if so it is
preceded by,

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that
shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -Proverbs 17:28.

> Here's my employer's contact info, in case someone here feels froggy
> enough to throw down:
>
> Michael Baker & Associates, Inc.
> PO Box 737
> Gladstone, OR 97027-0737
> 503-657-8888 v
> 503-655-1014 f
Good to see you here, Mike. Say hi to Al when he returns.