Re: Door phone for residence

Crash Gordon wrote:
> It's pretty similar to the Viking.
>
> Whoo needs tech support anyway?...the ring coulda been induced tickler
> current...or  you client dreaming :-)

Actually the unit DOES ring once when you power it up. Minor problem
and inconvenience  as long as you know about it when your client asks.
Otherwise I was thinking the unit was ringing for no reason in the
middle of the night and I'm thinking a bad unit or some kind of
undetectable "glitch"  or something. The way I had to "inbed" the out
door unit on a plinth, it would have caused some problems if I would
have had to re install it.

> I've been using DoorKing stuff for almost 20 years and Mike the tech is
> STILL freekin there :-) ... sometimes small companies are much better

I'd bet he's not the ONLY tech though.

And as the propritor he can't always be sitting at the phone because
he's the sales man too. That's what concered me. I know you gotta start
somewhere but when I'm out in the field with a service problem, and I
call tech support, I don't want to hear that Soong Li  is on the road
for a sales trip today and will be back tomorrow to answer technical
questions. I figure someday he's going to have to take a 2 or 3 day
sales trip ............. Just when I need him.